Describe some ways you can proactively make sure quality data is entered into the system.
1. Enforce Validation rules
2. Use custom lookup fields, workflow field updates, record types and page layouts to streamline data entry
3. Build reports that monitor data entry
Describe the best way to manage Lockout Periods for maintenance?
1. Create a profile that restricts the login hours for all users out during the maintenance session.
2. Then use Data Loader to switch everyone back when done.
S-Controls are only triggered through the user interface.
Correct Answer: A
Describe the difference between a lookup and a master-detail relationship?
Lookup: Creates a relationship that links this object to another object. The relationship field allows users to click on a lookup icon to select a value from a popup list. The other object is the source of the values in the list Master-detail: Creates a special type of parent-child relationship between this object (the child, or “detail”) and another object (the parent, or “master”).
Describe the difference between an email template and a mail merge template:
Mail Merge – done in outside application, paper-driven
Email Template- sent from the application via email
Describe the differences between Case and an If function?
Case Checks a given expression against a series of values. If the expression is equal to a value, returns the corresponding result. If it is not equal to any values, it returns the else _result.
IF Determines if expressions are true or false.
Returns a given value if true and another value if false.
Describe the differences between Visual force and s-controls?
1. Written in Ajax and run on the client
2. Hard-coded – can’t reuse
3. Logic and presentation mixed
1. Written in HTML& Apex, run on the server
2. Component model – can reuse code
3. Logic and presentation separated
Describe the properties and considerations for Master Detail Relationship records/fields.
The relationship field is required on all detail records.
Once the value of the relationship field has been saved, it cannot be changed.
The ownership and sharing of a detail record are determined by the master record.
When a user deletes the master record, all detail records are deleted.
You can create rollup summary fields on the master record to summarize the detail records.
Describe the some symptoms of a sharing model that is too private.
1. Lots of duplicate records
2. Users consistently have to manually share records
3. There are a large number of sharing rules
4. Admins have lots of requests for more record access
Describe the use cases for Delegated Administration
Create/edit users and reset passwords
Create default sales teams
Create personal groups for users
Assign users to specified profiles
Login as a user who has granted login access
Manage custom objects
They help to assign routine admin tasks to others
Take the weight off of other Application